Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Other Cats : Doraemon

11.30.2005 - My sister bought an aquarium yesterday, and we where at Bio Research last Sunday. We hang around looking for catnips for my boys until she picked up something there. Its an odd looking piece that would be added to the aquarium. It turns out to be a familiar face in the form of Doraemon. If any of you where anime fans back in the 80s, then I guess your familiar with this cat from the future. Originally Doraemon has been around since the mid 60s if I'm correct. Today he's one of those iconic cats of our time.

Gone Fishing...

A few things that I know about Doraemon is a cat robot, who travelled from the future to save his creator's ancestor. I'm not an avid viewer of this robot cat, but his face is widely known to the rest of the world. I saw a couple of tagalized episodes shown on GMA7 few years back, but I didn't paid much attention to it. Though his antics are quite silly, and funny even the voice actors are hard to miss voicing out Doraemon's and his friends.

The Aquarium View...

Going back that piece will be added to the aquarium was actually a sort of device, that actually lets you feed the fish. Doraemon is on a log type boat with his fishing pole. At the end of the pole there's a small basket with holes attached to a string, where you put the fish food that makes you believe he's actually fishing. Its a very simple device or display, that makes my sister's aquarium look attractive. I can't wait if they make version of Garfield that would be interesting.